Fort Stanwix - Real Rome Haunt
- 100 N James St
- Rome, NY
Built in 1758, Fort Stanwix sits on what was a vital travel route for Native Americans and European settlers. Today it is a museum, open to the public, and rumored to be haunted. Visitors have seen apparitions and objects moving of their own accord; doorknobs have turned, doors open and close, and lights flicker on and off. There have also been reports of disembodied footsteps, a woman crying, phantom drums, and at times alarms will go off for no reason. Among the ghosts most commonly seen are soldiers, a little boy, and a one-legged man sitting on a bed in the barracks.
Mouse over photos to see photo credits.
Real Haunt Listing Info
Visitors to this page: 731
Clicks to Website: 15
Last edit to this listing: 12/4/2015 (1642 days ago)
Disclaimer: New York Haunted Houses does not endorse or support trespassing to visit real haunts. Before you visit ANY local real haunt, make sure to acquire the appropriate permits and/or permissions, and be respectful of privately owned properties. Countless Haunt Hunters have been arrested, ticketed, and reprimanded by the authorities for trespassing. To avoid this, be sure to get in touch with the property owners before visiting a haunt, and respect their hours of operation, local regulations, and rules for visiting at all times. Happy haunting!
All information on this page was submitted to New York Haunted Houses and was believed to be accurate at the time it was posted. Please report any inaccuracies here