Halloween Fun Facts: All About Laurie Strode
November 29, 2017 By Chelsea T.
Photo by: Halloween Network via YouTube
Whether you're a fan of the Halloween films or not, you know all about Jamie Lee Curtis and her character as Laurie Strode, the sister to the murderous and masked Michael Myers.
Curtis will be having her final confrontation with her brother in 2018's Halloween reboot, and fans are trying to wait as patiently as they can for the film's release.
In honor of her coming back to take on Michael, let's check out some fun facts about her character that you may not have known!
- Laurie Strode was born Cynthia Myers
- She was the youngest out of three children
- When Laurie was 2 years old, her brother Michael murdered their older sister Judith with a butcher knife
- Her parents were killed in a car accident
- To protect her identity, it was said she died in the accident as well
- Laurie was in the foster care system when she was adopted by the Strode family
- She was a shy teenager who wasn't very outgoing
- Laurie's adopted father was the owner of Strode Realty & the old Myers House went up for sale by the company
- Laurie also went by the name of Keri Tate after faking her own death and relocating to California
- She had a son named John (played by Josh Hartnett in Halloween H20)
- While living in California, she was the headmistress of a private prep school called Hillcrest Academy
- Jamie Lee Curtis has appeared in six of the ten Halloween films as Laurie Strode